Look Great MD is a CoolSculpting® Certified Practice with a Premier Crystal status. We have found that patients receive additional results when on a diet regimen and weight loss program, such as, Dr. G’s™ Weight Loss & Wellness
Read more about the procedure and risks involved with CoolSculpting® in our informed consent form.
How CoolSculpting® Works
Freeze away fat? It comes down to science. Fat cells freeze at higher temperatures than surrounding tissues. CoolSculpting® technology enables us to precisely target fat cells beneath the skin, to deliver controlled cooling. Unlike with diet or exercise where the fat cells are reduced in size, with CoolSculpting®, the treated fat cells become crystallized (frozen), actually die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good.
With each session you are able to decrease the number of treated fat cell by about 20%. Each additional treatment further enhances your results, riding you of an additional 20% of the treated fat cells per session. With CoolSculpting® at Ideal Image, it’s easy to sit back, relax and reduce that stubborn fat.
How Fat Cells are Frozen
Despite diet and exercise, fat cells accumulate in the body and can be very tough to get rid of.
Coolsculpting technology uses controlled cooling (Cryolipolysis) to target, freeze, and kill only these fat cells.
In the weeks to follow, these fat cells are naturally eliminated from the body.
Coolsculpting results are long-term, as treated fat cells are gone for good.
Hear What Patients are Saying
Why Look Great MD
KYBELLA™ Before & After
KYBELLA™ Frequently Asked Questions
Q. WHAT DOES COOLSCULPTING® FEEL LIKE?
- As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you will feel pressure and intense cold. This soon dissipates. Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their treatment.
Q. WHEN WILL I SEE COOLSCULPTING® RESULTS?
- You may start to see changes as quickly as four weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months, but your body will flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.
Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GAIN WEIGHT DOWN THE ROAD?
- Many people, after seeing the results from their CoolSculpting procedure, take even better care of themselves. However, if you do gain weight, you may gain it evenly all over your body, not just in the treated areas. You will however have fewer fat cells in your treated areas, so most patients see increased tone in treated areas, even after gaining weight.
Q. HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NECESSARY?
- Many see results after just one treatment, but others may need a few to reach their specific goals. A trained member of our staff will work with you to customize an appropriate plan during your initial consultation, in which treatment areas and the number of sessions will be determined.
Q. WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE PROCEDURE?
- 68.2% of subjects treated with KYBELLA™ were responders compared to 20.5% of placebo-treated subjects, based upon validated physician and patient measurements.*
Q. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FROZEN FAT CELLS?
- After the fat cells are targeted and frozen, your body naturally and gradually sheds them. They become processed and eliminated on their own over the course of six months. Unlike with diet and exercise, fat cells actually die and are permanently gone from your body with the CoolSculpting procedure. You’ll literally freeze them away and be left with a toned, firm body!